Tourism partners from across the state will meet at the 42nd Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism March 13-15 at the Northwest Arkansas Convention Center in Springdale. This year’s theme is “Spring Training: Preparing For a Winning Season.”
The annual gathering of Arkansas’s tourism industry offers sessions on a variety of topics such as bringing new travelers to the state, refining networking skills and promoting communities and attractions.
The opening keynote speaker for the event is Phillip Rhodes, executive managing editor of Garden & Gun magazine. Also speaking will be gardening and lifestyle expert P. Allen Smith and Darley Newman, a five-time Emmy-nominated TV host and producer of PBS’s “Travels with Darley” and “Equitrekking.” The conference will culminate with the presentation of the 2016 Henry Awards and an address by Governor Asa Hutchinson.
Other conference topics include:
- Your Tax Dollars at Work: Arkansas’s 2016 Tourism Campaign
- Presentation of the 2016 Tourism Hall of Fame Awards to Bill Worthen and Montine McNulty
- Scouting Out Native American Tourism
- Heritage Tourism: Taking Pride In Our History
- Live Your Brand: From Marketing to Leadership
- Sports Marketing Is A Natural
- Geo-Tourism In The Arkansas Delta
- How Tech-Savvy Small Businesses Are Winning in 2016
The Arkansas Tourism Development Foundation’s annual auction will take place Monday night. The money raised from the silent and live auctions funds scholarships for individuals seeking careers in the hospitality and tourism industries.
The Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism was first held in 1975 at Dogpatch, U.S.A. Springdale serves as host for the third time in the conference’s history.